Cycle for Independence
Ride for the cause – Ride for the fun! Helmets Required
- 10 Mile ride
- 25 Mile ride
- Metric Century ride
Our Bike Ride
The Treasure Valley Chapter hosts this bike ride each spring as a fund raiser event. We strive to produce a ride that is fun for participants and lets people meet new friends.
This is our 18th annual ride, the first taking place in 1998. We annually raise over $10,000 for use in supporting programs that help the blind live, work, and prosper independently. There are generally around 400 riders who participate in the ride.
Our Volunteers make it happen
Each year we have a dedicated group of volunteers who help us organize and produce the event.
The volunteers make the event exciting and fun for everyone.
Volunteer to help this year. Please contact Ramona Walhof at (208)336-5333
Volunteer your Tandem Bike
We can always use tandem bikes with or without pilots for our riders who are unable to ride by themselves. Please contact Lisa Baker at (208)867-2150 or (208)323-9060
PREREGISTRATION ENDS MAY 16
ON SITE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE ON RIDE DAY
A bike mechanic is available at the base site. Water Stops with drinks, snacks, restroom facilities and information are available along the routes. SAG vehicles will run on all routes providing info and help if needed. The Voice of Idaho HAM radio group provides communication and emergency help.
Your participation helps:
- Blind seniors to live independently
- Work to improve education of blind children
- Provide scholarships and transition services for blind young adults
- Educate blind adults about opportunities for employment
- Assist blind people in learning about new advances in services and adaptive technology
- The NFB work with the legislature advocating for legislation designed to give equal opportunities for blind people