Tour de Fat Boise August 13, 2016
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Ann Morrison Park 1000 N. Americana Blvd. Boise, ID 83706
Organizer :New Belgium Brewing Co.
Tour de Fat is back in Boise!
Tour de Fat is New Belgium Brewing’s traveling celebration of all things bicycle, honoring humankind’s greatest invention. Born in Fort Collins, Colorado, to increase awareness and participation in cycling as a sustainable form of transportation, Tour de Fat has grown into a national rite of passage for cycling advocates and bon vivants alike.
Join thousands of your friends for a costumed bike parade and nationally touring and locally loved musical acts, peppered with interactive fun like a 1,000 Person Dance Contest (to win a bike!) a Slow Ride competition (how slow can you go?), and the inspirational car-for-bike swapper series in which brave souls hand over their car keys and commit to commute by bike. (Interested? Apply to be a Car for Bike Trader now.)
We’ll see you for bikes, beer and bemusement. In the meantime, read the Tour de Fat 10 Commandments.
Schedule of Events
10:00 am – Ride Registration
11:00 am – Bike Ride
12:00 pm – Fashion Showdown
12:30 pm – Ssssnake!
1:20 pm – Slow Ride
1:40 pm – March Fourth Marching Band
2:40 pm – The Bike is Right! Game show to win a 2016 New Belgium bike
3:30 pm – Car For Bike Trade
3:40 pm – Los Amigos Invisibles
5:00 pm – Adios Amigos! (curfew)
Eight things to know about Tour de Fat
- There is no entrance fee.
- Your registration fee acts as a donation to the local non-profit. Donations starting at $5 get you some fun TDF collectibles.
- Beer costs $5, food costs $10-15.
- Entertainment is free.
- Tour de Fat is family-friendly, however there may be few costumes that spark a conversation or two with an inquisitive little one! We set up a “Kid’s Area 51” that includes a jungle gym and some fun little bikes and games. The STAGE Stage is also a great place to bring the little ones. That stage will have circus-style performances from jugglers, YoYo Guy and other fun interactive performers.
- We LOVE dogs, we really do…however, we encourage people to make the best decision for their animals. It can be a really long, hot, crowded day with little shade, but typically a rough experience for the pups.
- Bike parking is available at all venues.
- We do not offer any outside vending opportunities at this time.
This event would not be possible without our awesome volunteers! Please consider joining us for a volunteer opportunity.
Skip the lines and pre-register for the parade and remember your costume! The official unofficial theme for TdF Boise is CARNIVALE! Fruit Basket Headwear is suggested